Exploring is a career education program for young men and women who are 14 through 20 years old. Exploring is designed to challenge and strengthen the lives of high school aged students by helping them explore their vocational interests and develop a strong values-centered life. Students meet once a month at on-site work facilities to participate in meaningful and interactive work experiences.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the business organizations in their communities. Local community organizations initiate a career-oriented Explorer post by matching their employees and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. The program of Exploring is based on five areas of emphasis: Career Opportunities, Life Skills, Leadership Experiences, Character Education and Citizenship. The result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their career interests, grow and develop. Current Exploring posts include: Engineering, IT, Law Enforcement, First Responder, Medical, Forensic Science, Government, Manufacturing, Business, and Law.
The Exploring Program provides:
- Real-world career experiences for youth
- Delivered through partnerships with leading businesses and organizations in the community
- Mentoring, internships, and community service
- Earn National awards and scholarships
- Social and career networking opportunities
- Proven Leadership development program
For an information flyer and calendar, click here.